This is Maxwell’s first installment after an 8 year hiatus. Pretty wings is the lead single off BLACKsummers’night the first in a trilogy of albums. BLACKsummers’night is in stores now.
Travel info for the Michael Jackson Memorial Service: Staples Center street closures; Forest Lawn Closures; Metrolink train info
(via laist) The area around Staples Center will be shut down to traffic and controlled by about 1,400 LAPD officers assigned to manage the crowds. Although hundreds of thousands of people on top of the 17,500 ticket holders are expected to make their way Downtown tomorrow, City officials can’t stress enough how important it will be for those interested in seeing the memorial to remain at home or at work and watch it via television or the internet. “Sections of Flower Street, Olympic Boulevard, Blaine Street and Pico Boulevard will be closed, and entry to the area will be limited to people with tickets to the event,” explains the Daily News.
The City’s Department of Transportation has released this map illustrating tomorrow’s street closures. [pdf]
Although not publicly announced, an e-mail from NBC to employees this afternoon states that Forest Lawn Drive between Barham and Zoo Drive will be closed tomorrow morning, but does not identify the reason for the closures. Apparently, the closure will be begin at 6:30 a.m. and last until an unannounced time. Additionally, the Forest Lawn Drive exits along the 134 Freeway will be closed along with the eastbound Riverside Drive offramp, according to Caltrans. Traffic on Barham is expected to be backed up on both sides of the Forest Lawn intersection. Recommendations for 101 Northbound freeway drivers are to bypass the Barham exit for 134 Westbound drivers to exit at Cahunega.
Metrolink has announced the addition of extra trains leaving Union Station to accommodate the expected mass of ticketed and unticketed popele that will hit the streets of downtown tomorrow. A 2:15 p.m. train will leave on the Ventura line ending in Chatsworth, a 2:30 train on the Antelope Valley line will go only as far as the Via Princessa Station and a 3 p.m. Riverside Line train will stop at the Industry Station. Additionally, a few morning downtown-bound trains that experience high volumes of passengers will have extra cars added to them. Those include Orange County trains 603 and 605 and Antelope Valley Line trains 204 and 206.
(via: caliroots) Nike SB just released a new edition to its very popular Dunk Socks line. This new one is based on the March 2005 Dunk Lo Pro SB, colored by Liam San Martin who was inspired by the then new film by Tim Burton, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Like the original Dunk, the sock feature identical graphic impressions, right down to the sole treads. Each is packed in a miniature version of the Nike SB shoe box.
(via onetwomagazine) Nowadays it seems everyone has a tribute to J Dilla but DJ Rasta Root has his list of favorites—soon to be YOUR favorites—all lined up in a non-fat, no-gimmick, non-interlude, non-remix stuff he didn't do type mix. It's good old mixing. Plus this one has really dope artwork from eric nine out in east (ATL/Jersey). When you step to the plate with a “music+art” one-two punch you really can't go wrong. Nice one Myspace & LRG for recognizing real on this one.
On this one you can catch artist’s like: Slum Village, Common, D’angelo, Jazzy Jeff, De La Soul, Q, Tip & Pharoah Monch.
Download: Dj Rasta Root: The Rest of Dilla Vol. 1
Powerhouse ’09 Los Angeles confirmed: Jay-Z, Pitbull, Lil’ Jon, Sean Paul, Flo-Rida, Kid Cudi, LMFAO, Ya Boy, New Boyz, Far East Movement & special guests.
POWERHOUSE ’09 presented by Miller Lite going down Saturday, August 8th at the Honda Center in Anaheim starring Jay-Z, Pitbull featuring Lil’ Jon, Sean Paul, Flo-Rida, Kid Cudi, LMFAO, Ya Boy, New Boyz, FM (Far East Movement) & special guests. go to Power106.com for all the info. The Neighborhood will be in the building!!
- Out with my son yesterday. While leaving saw the medics with this man. Why did this idiot fall asleep in the 100 degree sun for 3 hrs. WOW!! #
- Life is GREAT!!!! I'm blowing bubbles with my son. I care :) #
- @fuzzfantab Go to sleep!!!!!!!!!!! in reply to fuzzfantab #
- @smilliie Blue hatchback? No, I don't think that was me. I had a blue Suburban. in reply to smilliie #
- @J_Morales_ Monday at 6:40am. Full announcement. in reply to J_Morales_ #
- I'm giving away free gas on twitter every Friday. Just follow me to enter and tell a friend. details @radiobigboy.com #
- Listen for Keri Hilson in the neighborhood this morning! #
- @celebriTgossip As you should :) in reply to celebriTgossip #
- Get your profile on http://www.hollywoodresume.com Make sure you follow. #
- @Chiyab As you should. Can't wait to hear it. Don't kill nobody :) in reply to Chiyab #
- @nikkosmama Soon. Very soon. Its gonna be LARGE!!!!! Powerhouse 2009. in reply to nikkosmama #
- @jmsoria Thank you. That girl was hilarious!!!!!! in reply to jmsoria #
- Singers…Rappers…Actors….ALL!!!!!Get closer to gettin' in the business. Peep out http://www.hollywoodresume.comHOLLYWOOD RESUME….yepper. #
- Happy Bday Mike Tyson. #
- Did you like The BET awards, too much MJ tribute or not enough?….hit us up 866 Big Boy Nine..866 244 2699 or tweet #
- @LatinaNurse I hope so. in reply to LatinaNurse #
- @DjSwivll I almost forgot that. I'll stop real quick. in reply to DjSwivll #
- @NatBoogi Nat, what up, friend. I'm still dancing. Wanna battle? in reply to NatBoogi #
- @dMONEY31 maybe not. I'm not there yet. in reply to dMONEY31 #
- On my way to the BET Awards. I have my binoculars and handkerchief for my nose bleed seats. By next year I should be up to the D-list. #
- I'm grabbin' my Penny Loafer shoes from out of storage. Michael Jackson forever. #